I imagine if I lived in a “fun house”. Hubby would be more apt to participate in chores, listen more intently, maybe even clean more vigorously.
There’s been a video circulating around Facebook recently that really got me thinking…
Watch below so you can follow my train of thought.
As you can see, proper execution of “The Fun Theory” does indeed work.
(Imagine how much healthier we’d all be if we had piano stairs everywhere that motivated people to chose stairs over escalators. Although, I suppose they couldn’t be “everywhere” since that would take away the “specialness” of it. Anyhow, I digress…)
Now, back to Hubby.
What if I could apply The Fun Theory in my own home? And, therefore, ensure that hubby has FUN doing things around the house. I bet that would change EVERYTHING! I mean after all, I saw how excited he got when we bought our new fridge. What?? Excited about a new fridge, you ask? Well, yes… he got excited about our new fridge — not only cause it’s freakin’ huge, but also because it has LED lights that are so bright you can see it from the moon. (you can read more about this in my other blog here: Bright Lights Eclipse Frugal Spending). It makes the fridge “FUN”!
So, I’ve compiled a list of things that I could possibly modify to provide a fun experience at home. Let me know if you have any suggestions of your own.
- Every trash can would make a “swooshing” sound every time you deposit something (nothing but net baby!)
- When the toilet seat is securely closed, audio would play of the crowd going wild
- The interior of the toilet would have a tiny picture of his boss’ face to ensure accuracy
- There would be a television placed in the laundry room.. that only keeps playing if there are clothes being put-in-to or taken-out-of the washer/dryer (this would be the only TV that gets the NFL network)
- The walls of the shower would be wired with LED lights that would change color when scrubbing/cleaning pressure is applied (maybe “clean” would get closer to “clean”?)
- Moving the vacuum back and forth would be just like strumming a guitar… there would be colored buttons for different notes (AND.. to keep him completely interested… it would be compatible with PlayStation & all Guitar Hero DVDs)
I’m quite certain there are other ways I could adapt my home… I’d just need to give it some more thought.
I’m willing to bet that the The Fun Theory could be a very valuable tool in “Hubby Training”. Spend some time thinking about this….. I’m sure you’ll agree!
We all know how much men love to be entertained….. it’s about time we put their love of bells & whistles to good use!
You can now follow me on Twitter…. just click below!