What would you do?
I asked myself this very question when I got up today and I believe it or not I couldn’t come up with a list of things that I WOULD do…. I could only think of things I WOULDN’T do. I guess, if the world doesn’t end tomorrow, I need to give some new thought to making a bucket list!
So, without further ado… here are the things I WOULDN’T do today if tomorrow was the end of the world.
- Wipe up the crumbs that are all over the counter, in front of the toaster oven, from hubby’s dinner from last night.
- Fold any of the bed sheets that are clean (and have been clean for almost 2 weeks) that are sitting in a pile in my laundry room (did I mention they’ve been clean for over 2 weeks) – Yep, I sure as heck wouldn’t spend today folding laundry!
- Take out the trash or the recycling bin ….. or add to the recycling bin, the empty soda cans on the coffee table (yes, folks hubby still does this!)
- Make any of the beds
- Pick up any of the dirty clothes from hubby’s side of the bed
- Pick up the crumbled candy wrappers that are next to the soda can on the coffee table (hubby must have had a few snacks after I went to bed last night!)
- I wouldn’t wipe up any whiskers in the bathroom sink
- I wouldn’t move any of the bazillion coats from Every.Single.Chair around my house.
And, the last thing I wouldn’t do today is nag hubby about any of the aforementioned items on this list…….Hmmmmmm, WAIT JUST A MINUTE….. I think I just realized what’s been going on all these years. Hubby has been living his life as if every tomorrow will be the end of the world. Humpf! I’m sorry I didn’t realize this until now. I guess, if he continues down this path, I could quite possibly lend some truth to this style of living since I do generally want to kill him as I look around our house………………..
Become a fan of The Hubby Diaries on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/thehubbydiaries
Follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thehubbydiaries