Ever since we added a mini hubby to our lives last year, my days have all blended together. My free time is no longer free and my blogging time has dwindled down to almost nothing. Every. Single. Day. I wish my job would stop bleeding over to my personal life, so I actually have time to do the things I enjoy (like write this blog). But alas, work doesn’t care about my passions… they care about my productivity. The baby also doesn’t really care about my passions… he cares about being fed and changed and creating a mini tornado of toys in my home.
So, no one cares about the blog but me. And I have no time for me. So here we are: Stalemate. Sad but true and I miss blogging every day. Maybe, if anyone out there still reads the blog… you miss me too. I miss you… and ME. Hmmmmm….. what a downer I am!
Anyhow, I couldn’t let this week pass without finding some time to share a post…… BECAUSE….. THIS IS ANNIVERSARY WEEK at my house. And, it’s a big one.
Hubby and I have been married 10 years this week. WOW. 10 years. I can’t believe it so I’ll write it again. 10 years.
10 years of crumbs.
10 years of stepping over stuff on the stairs.
10 years of repeating myself over and over and over.
10 years of debates over new electronics.
10 years of enough food quirks to fill an entire book.
10 years of holding hands.
10 years of zaniness and absurdity.
10 years of laughter & love.
In the past I’ve shared some Top 10 Lists with you.
10 Reasons I Love My Hubby (looking back – this was on our 7th anniversary!)
10 things I would do if it was the last day of the world (ok, it was really 8 things… because heck, you shouldn’t overburden yourself if the world is ending!)
And today, I’m about to share another list.
10 Reasons That 10 Years is Just The Beginning
- It could take a lifetime to properly “train” my hubby. Either hubby is a particularly obstinate case or I have won the jackpot. [If my father-in-law is any indication, I have many, many, many (yes FIL – that’s THREE many’s!) more years ahead of me to help hubby be “the best he can be”…. Sorry mother-in-law. I feel your pain!]
- I have only repeated myself self 14,687 times. And, I can easily say the same thing 89,973 more times…. So I’m nowhere near capacity on asking hubby to wipe crumbs from the counters.
- Technology improves quicker than I can blink and hubby NEEDS me so he’s not hypnotized by all the magical promises made by those devils at Sony & Samsung that would entice him to buy a new TV Every. Single. Year.
- Without me, hubby wouldn’t eat pickles or pork or seafood or sushi. It may take me 30 more years but Dang It… I’m not giving up until he’ll eat an ear of corn or a bbq spare rib!
- Fairies DO NOT exist. And, if I wasn’t around, hubby may have to face the reality that the fairies wouldn’t clean up after him, do his laundry or cook his food… YIKES!
- There’s a lot more blog to write…. plus, I don’t have a book contract or a TV show yet based on hubby’s absurd behavior. So, I will wait patiently.
- This is only our first year with mini-hubby, and it will take many more years for hubby to realize that all his qualities that make this blog funny, have been passed on to his son… and ya know what? Watching him, watch his son, repeat his behaviors, will in many cases be poetic justice 😉
- I like eating cookies…. And as long as he’ll always leave me one (even if this is only to not have to throw away the empty package) I know we’re a good pair for the long haul
- He always keeps me on my toes. Even if I happen to be on my toes so I don’t hurt myself skirting stuff left on the stairs or maneuvering around crap left in the kitchen.
- Through the good times and the bad. Through the tears and the smiles. Through the laughter and the silliness. There is no one else who I’d want by my side.
Happy Anniversary Baby…
Still holding hands as we walk together towards the future! LOVE YOU!
Become a fan of The Hubby Diaries on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/thehubbydiaries
Follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thehubbydiaries